|A rich, nutritious and colourful soup|
- 1 T. Coconut Oil (or Olive Oil)
- 1 Organic Onion, chopped
- 1 Organic Red Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 Organic Garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Organic Carrots, peeled and shredded (or chopped)
- 1 Organic Sweet Potato (orange flesh), chopped
- 2 Large handsful of organic Kale, slightly chopped
- 2 C. "Simply Natural" Organic Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce (or Tomato Sauce, etc.)
- 6 C. Filtered Water
- Spices of your choice (Italian Herb mix, Marjoram, Savory-- to taste)
- 2 C. Organic Black Beans, cooked (or 1 14-oz. can of Black Beans)
- 1 C. Brown Rice Corkscrew Pasta (or as desired)(*optional)
- Celtic Sea Salt, Freshly Ground Pepper- To Taste
- Sauté on medium, in heavy Dutch Oven in Coconut Oil: Onion, Red Pepper, Garlic, Carrots, Sweet Potato, in that order, stirring until the onions glisten and the veggies are on the verge of tender.
- Add in the Kale, Tomato Pasta/or Sauce, Water, and Spices. Cook, stirring, until the Kale is wilty.
- Add in the Black Beans. Turn heat down to Low and cook for 1 hour. You can add the Rice Pasta (or Quinoa or whatever you want, if you want it thicker, like a stew) about the same time.
- When the hour is up, serve in bowls and allow people to add in their own salt and grated pepper to suit themselves.