This "vegan frittata" is a take-off on the Persian egg dish often called "kookoo sabzi" and
baked up for the New Year (March 20th or thereabouts). The lovely green fresh herbs really celebrate Spring! I have used some traditional ingredients (the herbs) and some non-traditional ingredients (umeboshi plum vinegar, almond milk, nutritional yeast, and of course, the tofu.) I think of this as a World Recipe.
- 2 C. Organic Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 2 C. Organic Fresh Chives, finely chopped
- 2 C. Organic Fresh Dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Tamari
- 1/4 C. Plum Vinegar
- 2 pkgs. Extra Firm Organic Tofu
- 1/2 C. Almond Milk
- 1/2 C. Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp. mixed Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 T. Garlic Powder or 1 Clove Garlic, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F/177C - Cover the bottom of a casserole pan with parchment paper
- Saute the Herbs in a small amount of filtered water until limp in a large pan
- Add in the Tamari, Salt and Pepper
- Blend together in a Food Processor (or use a potato masher by hand): Tofu, Plum Vinegar, Almond Milk, Nutritional Yeast, and Garlic.
- Pour the Tofu Mixture into the large pan with the Herbs and mix well over low heat just until all ingredients are well combined
- CAREFULLY pour the entire content of the pan into the casserole and Bake at 350 degrees for abut 35-40 minute
PERSIAN "TOOTS" RECIPE (Marzipan candies)
Get this special Persian Spring candy recipe HERE. Delicious, vegan and gluten-free!