A dear long-time friend has passed along this recipe for Chickpea Tofu for anyone who is sensitive or allergic to Tofu (soy).
1/2 cup "Raw" Chickpea Flour
1 1/2 cup Water
Pinch of Turmeric
- Dissolve 1/2 cup of Chickpea flour in 1/2 cup of the water. Add a pinch of Turmeric powder for colour.
- Heat remaining cup of water over medium heat.
- Add in the Chickpea paste and whisk/stir, scraping sides down.
- When the mixture is boiling and thickened, pour into a pan and let it cool.
- Cut into desired shapes after completely cool.
Ally also states that she often eats it with a Burmese Salad: Fried Onions and Garlic along with Green Spring Onions, Tamarind Juice, chopped Cilantro and optional Chili pepper and Fish Sauce.