I love lavender. Beautiful hues of purple. Drought resistant. Heavenly scent. Edible. Organic. What is not to love? Here are 25 Things You Can Do With Lavender (if you have other suggestions, please add below!)
1. Scent your Linens: Put sprays of dry lavender in with your sheets for a pleasant, relaxing effect.
2. Protect your Wardrobe: Hang Sachets filled with lavender buds to repel moths and bugs.
3. Make Lavender Chocolate Truffles for that everything-chocolate Auntie with a birthday.
4. Create a beautiful Lavender Bouquet for your wedding.
5. Bake a Lavender Cake for that Summer Tea Party.
6. Stop a Heat Stroke in its tracks with a couple of drops of Lavender Essential Oil
7. Braid an enchanting Lavender Wand.
8. Chill out with Lavender Ices (ever so elegant!)
9. Spritz home-made Lavender Water to disinfect and before storing linen and clothing.
10. Wash doggie down with home-made Lavender Doggie Shampoo and repel fleas.
11. Relieve a headache with a hot or cold Lavender Tea Compress.
12. Drink a cup of Lavender Tea to bring down your social anxiety.
13. Fill a jar with dry lavender buds and sink a beeswax or soy candle in the centre for ..um..simple bliss.
14. Homemade Lavender Jam or Jelly is just plain exquisite.
15. Sew up a Lavender Sleep Pillow.
16. Encourage pollinators by growing lavender... it blooms over a long period from Spring to Fall.
17. Clean up your house with lavender-infused vinegar.
18. Design an impressive Lavender Labyrinth or Maze formal garden
19. Home-made Lavender Bath Salts make a welcome hostess gift!
20. Create a summer Lavender Wreathe
21. Rub Lavender Salt into your meat as you cook it for a wonderful flavour
22.Grow Lavender as a small business if you have as little as a 300' X 300' growing space.
23. Enlist dried Lavender as part of a natural Flea Control program with your doggie.
24. For itchy insect bites, massage in a drop of Lavender Essential Oil and coconut oil.
25. Vacation with Lavender- visit a circuit of fabulous Lavender Farms in your area or elsewhere.
I grow a few drifts of lavender in my own yard and hope someday to have a formal lavender garden in the back (when the septic field has been replaced by a sewer system -- they keep promising and rescinding.)
What are YOUR Lavender Dreams?