|Chocolate-Avocado-Chia-Banana Pudding Parfait|
Spent some time in the garden prepping the soil for planting and needed a bit of a treat for the hard dirty work (ha) so decided to try this lovely chocolate chia pudding recipe. Then, to amp it up a little for people who love banana cream-chocolate parfait or pie, I decided to add a few layers of really ripe banana. Hope you like it as much as I do!
Makes about 4 Parfaits
4 T. Chia Seeds
1 C. Almond Milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
Flesh of 2 Ripe Avocados
4 T. Organic Cocoa Powder (or Raw Cacao Powder)
4-6 T. Maple Syrup
1/8 tsp. Cinnamon
1 Ripe Organic Banana
- Assemble ingredients and measure out in advance (or, if less OCD than I, skip this step)
- Stir chia seeds and almond milk together in the canister of your blender. Let sit 20 minutes.
- Add other ingredients (except the Banana) and blend until silky smooth
- Layer Banana and chocolate-chia pudding and garnish with fruit, nuts, or lemon balm (or other mint) leaves.
- Eat or chill in fridge for a couple of hours.
P.S. It’s not too late to join more than 300,000 healthy food lovers in the food event of the year. The Food Revolution Summit is happening now. Join in (for no charge) right here