|Deluxe Apple Pie Oatmeal Porridge-- and YES, that is a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream-- (optional)|
The Crazy Carrot Cake Oatmeal Porridge (Vegan and Gluten-Free) was such a hit that I thought I would add in some more tarted-up porridges. Today you will find a recipe for Deluxe Apple Pie Oatmeal Porridge-- the "deluxe" reference alludes to the inclusion of more than 5 ingredients (I don't think any recipe should contain more than 5 ingredients in this stressful world we live in, but, sometimes, alas, more is tastier...) This could be your company's-here breakfast. This could also be adapted to the crockpot with very little hassle. Be sure to use the best organic ingredients as much as you are able.
1 C. Steel Cut Oats (use a GF brand)
1 T. Chia Seed
3 Apples, cored and chopped (skin on)
1/2 tsp. Salt (or to taste)
2 T. Cinnamon
1 small nob fresh Ginger, peeled and chopped fine (or grated)
6-8 Dates, no pits
1/2 C. Thompson's Raisins
Splash of Apple Cider Vinegar (or unsweetened Apple Juice)
2-3 C. Water
- Sweetener (I used Raw Honey)
- Almond Milk
- MaraNatha Raw Almond Butter
- In a large pot combine Oats, Chia Seed, Apples, Salt, Cinnamon, Ginger, Dates, Raisins, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Water. Bring to boil on high heat
- When porridge boils, lower heat to lowest setting and put lid on the pot.
- Check pot a couple of times over next 15-25 minutes. Porridge will be ready when, if stirred, most of moisture has turned into a gooey gel and the oats are soft.
- Transfer porridge to individual bowls. Swoosh some sweetener and about a teaspoon (or to taste) of Almond Butter into each bowl and add the Almond Milk.
Want to try 4 other Nutritious, Delicious, Gluten-Free Porridge Recipes? Go HERE.