I love pumpkin pie and could eat it any day any time, but the fact is that pumpkin pie is generally pretty much off my dietary radar what with the custardy ingredients and pie crust. So, how nice to know that there is a ' pumpkin pie "fix" that is healthy, vegan, gluten-free and a great breakfast item full of Vitamins A, B and fibre!
I have also included the recipe for Pumpkin Pie Spice, a mixture you can make it bulk and then just add a spoonful to your future pumpkin porridge pie recipes. Make your own with organic spices. The spices will help to keep your LDL and triglycerides at normal levels.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix Ingredients: (for one pumpkin pie porridge recipe below)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons ground Ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon organic Stevia powder
Pumpkin Pie Porridge
- 1 C. Steel Cut Oats
- 1/4 C. Chia Seed
- 1 T. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 3 C. Water
- 14 oz. Farmer's Market Organic Pumpkin
- 1 1/2 t. Pumpkin Pie Spice as above
- Combine the Oats, Chia Seed, Coconut Oil, Salt and Water in medium pot and stir, bringing to a boil.
- Cover with lid and simmer on Low heat until water is absorbed and oats are soft.
- Stir in Pumpkin, Spices and more water, if needed. Simmer until thickened.
- Scoop into individual bowls and add brown sugar (optional) and almond milk.