1 C. Steel Cut Oats
1/4 C. Chia seed
1/2 C. Coconut shreds
3 C. Water
1/2 C. Carob powder
1/4 C. Fairtrade Raw Cane Sugar (I use Wholesome Sweeteners from Malawi)
1 C. Water
1 C. Blueberries
1 Banana, chopped (ripe, organic)
Almond Mylk (or Coconut Mylk might be tasty!)
- Combine the Oats, Salt, Chia, Coconut and Water in a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Turn the heat down to lowest setting, cover, and continue to cook until oatmeal begins to thicken (10+ Minutes).
- Turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Add in the Carob and the Sugar and the additional Water. Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and gently stir in the blueberries.
- Cover and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls, add Mylk and garnish with banana rounds.