Are you looking for a way to use up all those zucchinis and/or basil in some kind of delicious one-dish meal? Well, look no further... here is a delightful vegan pasta dish that will satisfy your hunger and your taste buds.
The following vegan (no animal products) dish is also oil free, so it is pretty low fat but you will think it is full of cheese. You will see why! This recipe feeds 4-6 adults.
- 1 1/2 C. cooked or canned Cannellini Beans or other White Beans
- 1/2 C. Vegetable Broth
- 3 T. Fresh-squeezed Lemon Juice
- 3 T. Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 C. Fresh Basil (minced)
- 16 oz uncooked Linguine
- 2 medium size Zucchini cut into long thin strips
- Blend up (or use a food processor) the beans, broth, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and salt. It should be smooth and creamy, the texture of regular cheese sauce (or as close as you can get.
- Stir the minced basil into the sauce and set aside.
- Cook the linguine in a pasta pot (high pot sides make for less irritating boilings-over). Stir occasionally. While the pasta is still NOT quite cooked, add in the zucchini strips and continue cooking for a few more minutes until the zuke is just tender.
- Drain the pasta-zucchini well, and then add back to the pasta pot.
- Add the sauce and gently toss until combined.