|Organic Breakfast Cookies (rainbow effect thanks to a crystal on my kitchen window sill)|
- 3 well-mashed Bananas
- 1 C. Old-Fashioned Oat Flakes
- 1/4 C. Chia Seed Gel
- 1/4 C. chopped Nuts (I like pecans) or Seeds
- 1/4 C. unsweetenened Coconut shreds
- 1/4 C. Raisins or dried berries, figs, apricots, etc.
- 1 tsp. grated fresh Ginger or 1 tsp. Cinnamon or 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg, etc.
- 1/4 C. Apple Sauce
- Sprinkle of Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/4 C. Carob powder with 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- ?? (what did you try that isn't listed above? How did it turn out? Please tell in comments below.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F./180 C.
- Combine everything until well mixed
- Drop 12 cookies onto a cookie sheet covered by a silicone mat or parchment paper
- Bake for 15 - 25 minutes (different preferences, different ovens)
- Cool. Eat in-hand as a cookie or, as my husband prefers, in a small stack with almond milk on top (like a super-rich, sticky banana porridge). However you eat them, they are 'natural' and yummy and easy on the digestion!
And a BIG BONUS
From that.veganbabe on Instagram, these non-banana breakfast cookies! Just click on the photos below to go to her Instagram recipe:
Whichever breakfast cookie you choose, you will be blessed by the fibre-ful whole food ingredients. Good energy to start the day!
Here is a link to a very interesting presentation on the nutritional status of GMOs -- explained very clearly by Dr. Thierry Vrain, a soil scientist who worked for Agriculture Canada for many years. If you are still confused about whether GMOs are over-played by the health nuts or terrifyingly justified by the Frankin-monster agro-industrialist supporters, this is a good video to watch for basic scientific understanding.
- Company Porridge (Baked)
- Banana-Coconut-Cranberry Oatmeal
- Blueberry-Carob Macaroon Porridge
- Cheery Pie Oatmeal
- Crazy Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- Deluxe Apple Pie Oatmeal
- Nut Jam Toppings on Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Pie Porridge
- Slow Cooker Porridge
Try these Delicious, Nutritious Chia Seed Breakfast Recipes:
|Click to get recipes for various Chia Seed Breakfasts|